03 April, 2008

RealWorks Survey

RealWorks Survey office software is Trimble's software suite with separate modules for registration of multiple scans sets, modeling, and many more survey friendly functions. I must admit that I know very little about the actual performance of the various modules but I am told that it is more intuitive than some software suites but I haven't been able to verify this yet. I plan to thought. One thing that did catch my attention was a patented feature in the data collection software which makes it is possible to acquire a specified point density on all surfaces no matter whether the surface is near or far. When I get a chance to see this feature for myself, I'll let you know if it can account for the incline and tilt of surfaces in the field of view. There is also a free viewer for the Trimble point cloud.

No comments: