02 August, 2009

Cal Surveyor article and other updates

Thanks to everyone who has recently been encouraging me to keep posting to this blog. I didn't realize how many people were following my writings on laser scanning. One of the distractions which cause delays in the blog was an article I was writing for Cal Surveyor. Cal Surveyor is a quarterly magazine published by the California Land Surveyors Association. You can view the article on page 28 of the spring issue of Cal Surveyor. Other distractions include work on a research project for the National Science Foundation on scanning acted as and many other personal projects. Although I was listed as Co-Principal investigator on the NSF project my participation was more as a consultant than as an author.
What do I have planned for this blog? Well, I'll be posting some unique scanning projects, some equipment and software reviews, and I hope to begin a summary of training opportunities. If you are a surveyor and you need to know what's happening in our industry I hope to make this the site that will keep you well informed. Stay tuned. Book mark my blog for all the latest details. Send me your comments, your ideas, and your insights. I gather much of my personal knowledge from industry events, manufacturer reps, my academic sources and from many many scanner users. I hope to hear more from you all.

1 comment:

Land Air Surveying said...

Yes! Please keep posting, I enjoy your work!